Biomek i-Series Liquid Handlers
Welcome to the future of automation solutions—designed to meet your evolving workflow priorities. Representing the best of what made Biomek an industry leading liquid handler—combined with enhancements suggested by customers around the globe—Biomek i-Series Automated Workstations have been designed to optimize dependability and walk-away time in mid- to high-throughput labs.
Lab Automation Focused On The Science
- Bright, multiple color- and pattern-coded status light bar alerts you to the instrument’s current mode, even from across the room
- Light Curtain provides key safety feature during operation & method development
- Internal LED light illuminates instrument deck for easy access & monitoring of your workspace status
- Rotating gripper with offset finger design optimizes access to high-density decks for more efficient workflows
- Linear motion control increases positional accuracy for pipetting access to high-density labware
- Large-volume, 1 mL Multichannel pipetting head expedites sample transfers & enables more efficient mixing steps
- Spacious, open-platform design enables access from all sides to allow for integration of adjacent-to-deck and off-deck processing elements (e.g., analytical devices, external storage/incubation units, and labware feeders)
- DeckOptix cameras enables live broadcast and on-error video capture to expedite response time and system diagnosis
- Windows 10-compatible Biomek i-Series software provides the most sophisticated pipetting techniques available including automatic volume-splitting, and can interface with third-party and all other Biomek support software
Scalable and Reliable Liquid Handling
- Spacious, open-platform design enables access from all sides for integration of adjacent-to-deck and off-deck processing elements such as analytical devices, external storage/incubation units & labware feeders. i-Series Workstations make it easy to integrate a growing menu of devices, components & accessories.
- Grid-based deck with simple accessory installation enables quick workflow changes
- Safeguard sample & reagent integrity from air particulates with enclosed versions of Biomek i-Series Automated Workstations*
- Vertical sliding door on enclosure provides front access without aisle obstruction
- DeckOptix cameras enable live broadcast & on-error video capture for faster response times & system diagnosis
- Span-8 pipetting with independent probe calibration for volume transfers from 0.5 μL - 5,000 μL
*Capability based upon component supplier. Additional testing may be required.
Deck Capacity: 45 MTP Positions
Pipetting Head Options:
Deck Capacity: 25 MTP Positions
Pipetting Head Options:
We strive to deliver solutions for drug discovery and basic research that incorporate all aspects of your needs—hardware, software, integrated third-party components, and reliable, ongoing service and support. This is true for pharma, biotech, academia and government-sponsored research—virtually any lab focused on genomics, cell biology, proteomics, drug discovery, forensics and related research areas.
*Biomek i-Series is not intended or validated for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions.
Biologics, Small Molecule, Drug Discovery & Basic Research
Genomic Workflow Solutions
Scientists using genomic analysis for discovery in life science research and applied applications take on new challenges every day. This process isn’t easy. We’re committed to providing automated workflow solutions that help you reduce the sample prep burden and achieve repeatable, reliable results.